Matt Johnson’s Resume
- Marketing Manager at the Saint Paul VI Institute. 2013 – Present.
Responsible for creating all marketing materials for a multinational, non-profit organization. Designed newsletters, direct mail, created promotional premiums, planned events, and updated the company’s multiple web sites.
- Freelance Graphic Designer. 2003 – Present.
Built websites, software icons, and print graphics for several freelance clients, both in Omaha and around the country.
- Graphic Designer at Mosaic. 2008 – 2012.
Responsible for a wide variety of print and web graphics, as well as production and editing of videos for a large, non-profit organization and its agencies. Headed up in-house video production, saving the company an estimated $100k in production costs.
- Marketing Manager at Land and Sky. 2004 – 2008.
Responsible for all the company’s marketing needs, including designing point-of-purchase and promotional materials, organizing trade shows, managing the company’s different brands, working with vendors, and writing copy for press releases. Responsible for developing the company’s first business-to-consumer website, which earned the company $1 million in its first year.
- Graphic Designer at Capitol Graphics. 2002 – 2004.
Responsible for the design and layout of print projects. Performed pre-press operations and saw projects through the entire printing process.
- Graphic Design Peer Tutor, Wayne State College. 1999 – 2002.
Taught students to use popular graphic design software. Gave class demonstrations and created instructional handouts.
- Bachelor’s of Fine Arts. Wayne State College, 2002. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Associate’s in Desktop Publishing. Southeast Community College, 1997. Graduated with honors.
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- 2011 ALDE Award — 2011 Mosaic Employee Campaign video
- 2010 Paper Anvil Award, PRSA Nebraska — National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week Campaign
- 2001 Addy Award for Student Publications — Sioux City Iowa Ad Club